Monday, November 16, 2009

A really want to be a floral designer..how do I get started?

As you've already read I really want to be a floral designer but I don't know how to get started, how much they make, nothing. Please help, if you have any information about the field please let me know. Thanks

A really want to be a floral designer..how do I get started?
Are you still in school? Then I would suggest, becoming and intern at a floral shop.


If you are looking to start your own business, my suggestion would be to find a local floral shop owner and conduct an informational interview. DO NOT ASK FOR A JOB AT THIS TIME. Right now you are just looking for information.


Ask ??? such as: How long has (the owner) been in the business? At what level did they start? Are there any trade publications/organizations available?, etc.


My only other suggestion would be look up information online regarding the floral business, as well as, business-ownership period. Also, try designing for family and friend functions (baby and bridal showers, graduations, weddings) and see what they may say regarding your "passion".





Best Wishes!


No comments:

Post a Comment